Superbowl Sunday is coming up soon, February 3rd to be exact! So for all you Superbowl fans, this is a great recipe if you want something familiar and tasty, while keeping it low fat raw vegan. Personally, I think it’s great as a hearty wintertime supper meal, and my non-raw friends loved it! So bring it to that winter time Superbowl Sunday party and it’ll be a great hit!
After making this cheesy chili and crackers recipe, I know it’s going to be one of my favorite raw vegan winter dinner meals. There’s three recipes in one post here, making this my largest recipe post to date. Hope you guys enjoy!
The chili recipe has a load of ingredients, it looks daunting, but it’s VERY easy to throw together! Look at the directions, and you’ll see that it’s fairly simple.
t = tsp. T = tbsp C. = Cup
RAW VEGAN CHILI RECIPE:
Blend for the “Sauce”:
- 1/2 c. dried tomatoes
- 4 medjool dates
- 8 roma tomatoes
Then add the “Spice Blend”:
- 1 T. Chili Powder
- 2 T. dried parsley
- 1 T. basil
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 3 T. cumin (Super important)
- 1 T. Garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Mushroom powder (Optional)
Then add “The Chunky Bits” to the sauce:
- 3 cups corn
- 1/5 red onion, chopped fine
- 3 c. mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1.5 c. mixed red/green bell peppers, chopped fine
- 3 diced tomatoes, diced
- Place the “Sauce Ingredients” into your blender along with “The Spice Blend” ingredients. Blend until everything is smooth. This may take a few minutes depending on your blender.
- Mix the“Chunky bits” into the sauce.
- If you want a warm, but still raw chili, place it on a pot on very low heat and stir until it is no hotter than 105 degrees.
For the full raw chili recipe:
| Calories 1100 | Protein 42g (10% ) | Carbs 251g (78%) | Fat 15g (12%) |
RAW VEGAN CRACKER RECIPE:
You will need a dehydrator for this recipe. If you like to juice, then you’ll have a lot of extra pulp left over. The pulp is great to use for these crackers instead of wasting it.
- 4 cups carrot pulp
- 2 c. beet pulp
- 1 cup apple pulp
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper pulp
- 1/3 cup almond flour (Grind almonds to make it)
- 2 T. cumin (Of course, haha. Cumin’s my favorite spice)
- 1/4 onion, diced fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Mix all the raw ingredients together in a big bowl.
- ** If you want aesthetically pleasing, evenly shaped raw crackers: Take some wax paper or parchment paper, lay it on a flat surface and pile on a decent amount of the raw vegan cracker mixture. Take another sheet of wax paper and place that on top. Use a rolling pin to make it completely flat. Take a knife and cut the crackers into desired shape. I HIGHLY suggest you make them thin. Thick crackers are difficult to bite through.**
- Place the mixture in your dehydrator. Depending on how thick you made them, they will need to dehydrate them at 110 degrees anywhere from 12 – 38 hours.
For the whole raw cracker recipe:
|Calories 590 | Protein 10% | Carbs 63% | Fat 28% |
RAW VEGAN “CHEESE” SAUCE RECIPE:
|Cals 590 | Proteins 10% | Carbohydrates 55% | Fats 38% |
- 3 cups corn (3 large corn cobs)
- 1/5 c. hemp seeds (Thanks to my friend for turning me onto hemp seeds)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp celery powder *Optional*
Blend everything together in a high speed blender for 5 minutes until it is buttery smooth! Then on each serving, add a generous portion on the top.
Total for all the recipes together:
| Cal 2300 | Protein 80 grams (10% ) | Carbs 450g (68%) | Fat 60 grams (22%) |