Low fat raw vegan blueberry pie recipe
Good lord this raw vegan blueberry pie recipe is to die for. I ate the whole thing in one sitting, which is a new record for me… I say there’s “8” servings… but we all know how that worked out. I’m going to be putting out a few recipes here and there while I’m working on my Holiday recipe eBook. I got two pounds of blueberries the other day and what better way to use them than to make a low fat raw blueberry pie! If you would like to keep it more low fat, omit the almonds and coconut. They do add a nice flavor and texture though. Eat this low fat raw vegan pie at holidays for dessert, birthday parties, it’s great to bring to raw vegan potlucks and to even eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner! That’s how healthy this pie is!
Best Raw Blueberry Pie Recipe (Low fat raw vegan)
Low fat raw vegan blueberry pie that tastes just as good as regular pie! It's gluten free, plant based, and 100% guilt free! Mulberries and dates replace the crust.
- 1/3 C Dried Mulberries 1/3 C dried bananas
- 1 1/2 C packed soft pitted raw dates
- 1 oz Shredded Coconut *Optional*
- 1 oz raw almonds *Optional*
- 1 C packed soft pitted raw dates
- 3 1/2 C blueberries 2 cups for the filling, 1 cup fresh blueberries to mix into the filling, Fresh 1/2 cup to top
For the crust:
- Process the mulberries and dried banana into a chunky powder in the food processor. Sprinkle it on the bottom of your pie pan, so the crust is easier to come off at the end.
- Put the raw almonds and coconut in the food processor and pulse twice, add the dates next and process until it becomes a large ball. Squish this mixture on the pie pan until it's even and flat.
For the blueberry filling:
- In the food processor: Bend 2 cups of the blueberries with 1 cup of dates until it becomes a smooth paste. Then fold in the fresh blueberries. Pour the mixture into the pie pan and top with the leftover blueberries. Place into the freezer for 30 minutes and then devour your low fat raw vegan blueberry pie recipe!
|Calories 2500|Protein 04%|Carbs 82%|Fat 13%|