This is the best carrot cake recipe I have ever tried in my entire life and It’s low fat raw vegan! It’s chewy, moist, sweet, very flavorful, and has the texture of a cooked carrot cake. Plus, it’s 100% guilt free and I could seriously live off of this recipe. Good carrot cake in my opinion is smooth, with some moisture (But not too much), and has a nice soft chewy texture. You can find cupcake wrappers here and you can find raw sunflower seeds here.
Servings: Makes roughly 13 cupcakes.
Also, so so so sorry for not posting a new recipe in a LONG time, I’ve been so busy and I’m trying to learn to balance my time better to make time for recipe posts
- 3 pound carrots
- 1 pound pitted dates (or 1/2 if you’d like it less sweet).
- 3 tsp cinnamon, 3tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Cupcake papers
In order to get the smoothest mixture possible, I like to follow these steps because I personally love the smooth soft, bread like texture. If you like it more chunky, don’t blend it as much.
- Put the carrots through the food processor with the shredder blade attached to shred the carrots. Place the shredded carrots into a cheese cloth or paint strainer bag and squeeze to get out the moisture.
- Turn the dates into a paste by mixing it in the food processor with the “S” blade and mix all the ingredients including the spices together.
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup water (Or more)
- 6 medjool dates (Or more depending on how sweet you like it)
- Put the almonds into the food processor for a few minutes, until it becomes a creamy consistency.
- Then once it is smooth, add in the water and dates and blend.
- Place the cupcake papers into a muffin pan, this will make sure they hold their shape
- Place the cupcake mixture into the papers
- Make a piping bag: Take a plastic zip lock bag and put the frosting mixture into it, cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Spread the frosting onto the cupcakes
- Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge to set OR just eat as is
Calorie breakdown for the entire recipe:
2,600 calories | 36g Protein (5%) | 560 Carbs (82%) | 40g fat (14%)
| 100% Daily vitamins | 90% daily minerals |