Raw Almond butter Wraps, yummy!
These low fat raw vegan Peanut butter and jelly sandwich wraps are made with banana wraps, raw almond butter and raw grape jam. These healthy wraps are the perfect raw food for hiking, or any sort of long road trip. I took a whole batch of these when I climbed mount Washington for fuel. They were the first things to go ;). Make this raw vegan recipe 24 hours in advance.
The picture shown does not have any raw jelly in it, as I didn’t have enough time to prepare it. But it is even tastier with the jelly, so I suggest you make it! You can get away with 1 tsp of almond butter per wrap and keep it 15% fat (a total of 2 tbsp per recipe)
Raw Recipe for Banana Wraps:
- 2 pounds bananas (About 4 cups after being blended, you can use however much you want)
- Pour the mixture onto dehydrator sheets (Ones without holes, obviously)
- Dehydrate for 38 hours. It’s important to wait to take them off until they are completely dried, otherwise they will stick, rip and become a gross mess.
Raw Recipe for Jelly
This raw recipe is great to go with banana wraps and raw vegan almond butter (raw peanut butter and jelly sandwich wraps) !
- 3 Cups of fresh seedless grapes. Black grapes are my all time favorite.
- 1 Date
Blend everything together in a high speed blender, if you like chunky jam, don’t blend it as long. I personally like chunkier better. Use a nut milk bag to squeeze out a little extra juice. Refrigerate for a while to let it firm up.
Raw Recipe for Almond Butter (I may do a separate, more detailed post on this later in the future)
- Take at least a pound of dried almonds (Less won’t work because there isn’t enough volume) and put them into the food processor.
- Blend until it starts sticking and push down the mixture. You’re going to need to stop the food processor a couple times to push the mixture down.
- Do this for about 10 minutes.. yes it’ll take a long time from it to go to crushed almonds, to almond powder, to very gritty almond paste, to almond butter.
- I suggest you store this in your fridge in an air tight container, otherwise it’ll go rancid fairly quickly.
Very rough estimate of the whole raw recipe (including a portion of the jam and butter)
|1,300 calories |Protein 04%|Carbs 87%| Fat 15% |