The portobello mushrooms give the recipe a meaty texture and taste. While the bell peppers it gives the burger a wonderful, rich deep smokey flavor. It’s perfect for anyone that wants something savory.
Makes 4 burgers
- 8 oz baby portobello mushrooms
- 5 medjool dates
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 celery sticks
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Raw Walnuts
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp of each: thyme, rosemary, sage, cinnamon, marjoram, basil,
- 1 tbs cumin
- Blend. Place all the ingredients into the food processor. The ingredients may not fit all into the food processor at once. You may have to do a few batches then mix the ingredients together together after. Process until it is a smooth paste, or if you like a more chunky burger, you may process it for a shorter period of time. Mix everything together.
- Spread the mixture onto a dehydrator teflex sheet. The mixture will be very wet, so it may be difficult to shape at this point. Dehydrate the mixture at 110 for 6 hours.
- Shape. Check on the burgers and shape them into 4 patties. Dehydrate for 6 more hours.
- Flip the burgers and dehydrate for 6 more hours.
Calorie breakdown for entire raw burger recipe:
| 805 Calories | 07% Protein | 55% Carbs | 38% Fat |