This is the best carrot cake recipe I have ever tried in my entire life and It’s low fat raw vegan! It’s chewy, moist, sweet, very flavorful, and has the texture of a cooked carrot cake. Plus, it’s 100% guilt free and I could seriously live off of this recipe. 😛
Good carrot cake in my opinion is smooth, with some moisture (But not too much), and has a nice soft chewy texture.
You can find cupcake wrappers here and you can find raw sunflower seeds here.
Raw Carrot Cake is a spin on a traditional favorite! Made with a carrot, date and walnut base, this delicious cake is topped with a silky “cream cheese” icing that’s surprisingly healthy and good for you. This is what carrot cake dreams are made of! Paleo + Gluten Free + Vegan + Raw
Raw Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Sweet "Cream Cheese" Frosting Recipe (Low Fat raw vegan)
Guilt free raw vegan carrot cake cupcake recipe is divine! A must try!
- 3 pound carrots
- 1 pound pitted dates or 1/2 pound if you'd like it less sweet.
- 3 tsp cinnamon and ginger
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup water Or more
- 6 medjool dates Or more depending on how sweet you like it
- 12 Cupcake papers
For the carrot cake:
Put the carrots through the food processor with the shredder blade attached to shred the carrots. Place the shredded carrots into a cheese cloth or paint strainer bag and squeeze to get out the moisture. You can drink the carrot juice
Turn the dates into a paste by mixing it in the food processor with the "S" blade and mix all the ingredients including the spices and the carrots together. In order to get the smoothest mixture possible, I like to follow these steps because I personally love the smooth soft, bread like texture. If you like it more chunky, don't blend it as much.
For the raw vegan frosting:
Put the almonds, water and dates into the food processor for a few minutes, until it becomes a creamy consistency.
- Place the cupcake papers into a muffin pan, this will make sure they hold their shape
- Place the cupcake mixture into the papers
- Make a piping bag: Take a plastic zip lock bag and put the frosting mixture into it, cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Spread the frosting onto the cupcakes
- Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge to set OR just eat as is 🙂
Comes out to 200 calories per cupcake 2,600 calories | 36g Protein (5%) | 560 Carbs (82%) | 40g fat (14%) | 100% Daily vitamins | 90% daily minerals |