Raw Vegan Sushi Recipe
This raw vegan sushi rice substitute looks almost identical to real rice! It has a great mouth feel, and it tastes very delicious. The “high” organic sodium content of the rice, makes it taste nice and flavorful. This is a great crowd pleasure. Use it as an appetizer for get togethers and parties, or just have a few rolls to accompany a raw dinner. Be sure to get enough calories, though! As this recipe is low in calories.
Raw Vegan Sushi with Raw Celeriac Rice [5 Minute raw recipes]
- 1 pound celery root
- 10 Nori Sheets
- Fruit sushi; Strawberries, kiwi, mango, papaya, date sauce
- Veggies: Celery cucumber, red pepper, avocado, Green onion
For the raw rice:
- Cut the skin off of the celery root and cut it into small chunks. Put it into the Food processorand blend until it has a rice consistency. Super easy, simple and quick! 🙂
Rolling the sushi:
- Place the nori wrap with the "ribs" facing vertical
- Place the "rice" horizontal close to you with an inch left to roll it.
- Add in a few veggies or fruit sticks. MAKE SURE TO NOT OVER FILL!! Very common mistake that ends in a mess.
- Roll the sushi pressing down hard on the sides and folding the bottom in.
- When you get to the last bit of the roll, dab it with water to close it shut.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut it into bite sized pieces
For the whole recipe:
250 Calories | 9g Protein | 40g Carbs | 1.5g Fat | 453mg Sodium