People always ask me what they should do with their leftover vegetable pulp from juicing. Don’t throw your vegetable pulp away, since you can make delicious low fat raw vegan crackers out of it! I love carrots because they are so versatile in what you can do with them, from soups to noodles, even raw cupcakes!
These low fat raw vegan crackers taste delicious with a veggie burger on top, and a side of spaghetti marinara. Or you can just eat them by itself as a snack.
Makes roughly 14 crispy low fat crackers.
- 6 cups of vegetable pulp (From juicing, if you do not have a juicer, you can juice using a cheese cloth)
- 1 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 Medjool dates
- 3 tbs Italian seasonings (Sage, thyme, savory, rosemary, oregano, ect)
- 1 tbs cumin
- 6 green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- Use a coffee grinder or food processor for 30 seconds to grind the raw seeds into a fine powder. Place the pumpkin seed powder into a large bowl along with the carrot pulp.
- Finely chop the green onions, garlic, dates. Add that into the large bowl along with the itallian seasonings. Mix everything together using your hands. (You may need to add some water to the mixture depending on how dry it is. If the mixture is too dry it won’t stick together very well and the crackers will turn out too crumbly.)
- Spread the mixture thinly onto a cutting board and cut it into square pieces . Place the crackers on a Food Dehydrator Tray. Dehydrate at 110 degrees for 12 hours and enjoy!
Calorie breakdown for the full recipe:
750 Calories | 08% protein | 75% Carbs | 17% fat |